Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Clark & Sykes





The embroydery scissors and pin were in a box of sykes artifacts. I realize now that I didn't include a picture of the pin. There is a gold pin, surrounded with rubys that contains a locket of hair. The pin belonged to Sarah and I would guess that the hair was from one of the lost babies.
The Daguerreotypes had come from Opal. I found a note to Dad mentioning that she had sent them but it did not itentify the people. It is my guess that they were the four married children of Richard and Mary Sykes but that is just a guess. I think it is safe to assume that at the very least they were family members.
The anniversery poem mentioned the two lost babies their first two children. Their sixth child also died in infancy. Sarah Sykes gave birth to six girls and one boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment